- Graduated from the University of Puget Sound and lives in the Seattle Washington area.
- 2007-2013 worked for Applied Proactive Technologies (acquired by Clearesult) in the Northwest Washington region on a Joint Utility ENERGY STAR Lighting program that targeted the single and multi-family residential markets.
- While working on a joint utility ENERGY STAR program responsible for training lighting showrooms, electrical contractors, and builders about ENERGY STAR lighting. Conducted formal and informal training sessions as a regular part of the job.
- In early 2014 joined Clearesult and worked on a NEEA High-Performance Home Specification pilot program. This program was designed to help builders embrace net zero-ready building practices.
- While working on the NEEA High-Performance Home Program I was responsible to help teach builders and their trades about new technologies for building Net Zero Ready homes.
- In 2015 went to Asia with his partner who was teaching on a Fulbright post in Tokyo. In Nepal when the 2015 earthquake happened. Stayed in Nepal to do volunteer service work after the earthquake and ended up working on a non-profit contract project until early 2016.
- In 2016 joined the Performance Construction Team at Mitsubishi Electric. The Mitsubishi Performance Construction Team helps promote energy-efficient VCHP systems to the high-performance residential construction market around the country. I work with high-performance builders and the HVAC industry in the Pacific Northwest.
- A large part of my Mitsubishi work is formal and informal training for high-efficiency heat pumps. I routinely conduct training sessions for builders, HVAC contractors, architects and others in the construction industry.
- In partnership with regional allies, delivered new code training on HVAC code changes in both Washington and Oregon State.
- Participated in Technical Advisory Group for 2021 Washington State Energy Code.
- Over my 6 years at Mitsubishi I have presented training sessions at regional and national conferences including Home Efficiency Forum, Passive House Northwest, Resnet, EEBA, Built Green Conference, and the Build Right conference.
- I have developed the Advanced heat pump/HVAC design course and delivered it 3 times in the Pacific Northwest previously. Mitsubishi is preparing to offer this course in other parts of the country this year.